X2O Media Privacy Notice
Effective from May 2018 (v3)
Last Updated on December 8, 2023 (v6)
This Privacy Notice describes how X2O Media collects, uses, and discloses information, and what choices you have with respect to the information.
Updates in version 6 of the Privacy Notice bring format changes, to make the Privacy Notice clearer and more understandable.
1. Applicability of This Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to anyone accessing, managing and/or using:
X2O Media services and products, such as: online workplace productivity tools and platform (X2O Cloud), including X2O Mobile, X2O Desktop, X2O Teams and OneRoom applications (collectively, the “Services”),
X2O Media websites, including www.x2omedia.com
X2O Media business, including customer service support, user conferences, and demo sessions, (collectively, the “Business”).
To the extent Information is associated with an identified or identifiable natural person and is protected as personal data under applicable data protection law, it is referred to in this Privacy Notice as “Personal Data.”
We may access, transfer, process, and/or analyze your personal data obtained via X2O Media’s Services, Websites, and Business. For more information, you can ask for our Privacy Notice by sending an email to email@example.com/ If you do not agree with the terms, we advise you to not access or use X2O Media’s Services, Websites or Business.
This Privacy Notice is not applicable for on-premises deployment of X2O Services, where the Customer has full control of the data stored on X2O System, and X2O Media does not access, transfer, or process personal data.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to any third-party applications or software that integrates or interfaces with the Service through the X2O Media platform (“Third Party Services”), or any other third-party products, services, or businesses. Examples of Third-Party Services integrated with X2O platform could be Facebook, X (formerly known as Twitter), RSS feeds, external databases, or other external data sources.
A separate agreement governs delivery, access, and use of the Service (the “Customer Agreement”), including the processing of any messages, files or other content submitted through Service accounts (collectively, “Customer Data”). The organization (e.g., your employer or another entity or person) that entered into the Customer Agreement (“Customer”) controls their instance of the Service (their “Workspace” – such as: online workplace productivity tools and platform (X2O Cloud), including X2O Mobile, X2O Desktop and OneRoom applications) and any associated Customer Data. If you have any questions about specific Workspace settings and privacy practices, please contact the Customer whose Workspace you use. If you have received an invitation to join a Workspace but have not yet created an account, you should request assistance from the sender (employer, partners, institution, representative and/or point of contact at X2O Media) who sent the invitation.
2. What information do we collect?
We collect a range of information from you, which may include:
- Personal information: This pertains to details such as your name, email address, and phone number. You may provide this information when you express interest in X2O Media, when we determine that you may have an interest in X2O Media, when data is shared with us by a relevant person or company associated with you, when you fill out a form, subscribe to our newsletter, or utilize any of our solutions for any purpose.
- Information about your use of our website, such as your IP address, the pages you visit, and the links you click on.
- Cookies and similar technologies that track your activities on our website.
- Information associated with the preferences and settings on an account or user profile who is using the X2O OneRoom product, which may include audio and video settings, camera and microphone settings, avatar pictures, location or other details associated with user profile.
- Device information used when interacting with X2O OneRoom product, which may include information about the speakers, microphone, camera, OS version, MAC address, IP address, device attributes (like operating system version), Wi-Fi information, and other device information.
- Content generated in sessions hosted on X2O OneRoom product, which may include audio, video, in-meeting messages, whiteboards, chat messaging content, responses to polls, and files, as well as related context, such as invitation details, meeting name, or meeting details. Content may contain your voice and image, depending on the account owner’s settings, what you choose to share, your settings, and what you do on the X2O OneRoom product.
- Usage information about how people and their devices interact with the X2O OneRoom product, such as: when participants join and leave a meeting; whether participants send messages and who they message with; performance data; or actions (such as mute/unmute or video on/off and hand raise).
3. How do we use your information?
We use your personal information to provide you with the services you have requested, such as:
- Allowing you access to the X2O Media portal and its functionalities.
- Allowing you access to the X2O OneRoom product and sessions.
- Sending you newsletters.
- Responding to your enquiries.
We may also use your information to:
- Analyze and improve our website and services.
- Communicate with you about our products, services, and promotions.
- Comply with legal obligations and enforce our policies.
- Grant access to any of our solutions within our platform.
4. How do we protect your information?
We have implemented reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, or misuse. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
5. How long do we keep your information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected unless a longer retention period is required by law.
If your data was collected for the purpose of a demo, it will be held for no more than 12 months, unless agreed otherwise.
6. Do we share your information with third parties?
We may share your personal information with our service providers who assist us in providing our services, such as cloud server hosting provider Microsoft Azure, infrastructure performance monitoring provider Datadog, and website hosting and analytics provider. We may also share your information with government authorities or other third parties when required by law or to protect our legal rights.
7. Your rights and choices
You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal information that we hold. You may also withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information at any time. However, please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may no longer be able to provide you with certain services and/or access. At any point, you can also ask for the Right to be Forgotten / Erased, as long as there is no upholding reason against it.
8. Changes to this privacy notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time to reflect changes in our practices or legal obligations. We will post the updated version on our website and indicate the date of the last revision.
9. Who is responsible for the data?
Responsibility will vary from case to case, between solutions and usage given. For OneRoom and Digital Signage / Workplace solutions, where the client has a tenant, X2O Media is the data processor, whilst X2O’s client is the data controller. There may be exceptions to the rule, which will be stipulated within the agreement and/or Scope of Work (SoW) with X2O’s client.
The X2O Media tenant, which is in general used for demos and external communication, is also considered a client of X2O Media, in which case the company would be both Data Processor and Controller.
X2O Media is a subsidiary company to the STRATACACHE Group. STRATACACHE owns the full rights to the X2O Media website and therefore, the data collected within it.
10. How can you contact us?
X2O Media Inc.
147 Saint Paul St West, Suite 300
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Tel: (514) 987-7557
Toll Free: 888-987-7557
Information in this Privacy Notice has last been updated and/or checked on the 8th of December 2023, by the Global DPO, the Commercial Compliance and GDPR representative, and co-signed by X2O Media’s Senior Vice President of Operations.